- 1 lb (450g) strong white flour
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 fluid oz warm water
- 2 oz soft butter
Equipment: A food mixer with a dough hook makes this much easier.
- Place the flour, salt and yeast in the mixer bowl, mix well, make a well in the centre, add the warm water and oil/butter. Knead for 5 mins on a low speed.
- Detach the dough hook, cover with a damp clean tea towel and leave until doubled in size. This normally takes about 1.5 hours.
- When dough has risen punch back down and divide into 12 equal balls of dough and space evenly on your lightly greased baking tray. Again, leave to rise for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230c, dust flour on the rolls and bake for 12 mins.
- Once baked cool on a wire rack.
Top Tip: If you want a really soft crust cover with damp tea towel whilst they are cooling.