- 255g self raising flour
- 225g sugar
- 190ml sunflower oil
- 220ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 eggs
- Icing sugar
- Lemon juice
- Line 2 x 1lb loaf tins with parchment paper, and pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift the flour and add sugar and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, add oil and blended yoghurt, mix well.
- Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix gently, just enough so no dry ingredients visible.
- Divide mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 35 mins.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool make a paste of icing sugar and lemon juice to ice the cakes.