It’s delicious on its own however for a special occasion below are some serving suggestions which bring this classic dessert to a new level!
90g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon
200g plain flour
- Beat together the Glenilen farm butter and sugar until very pale and fluffy using a mixer, lower the speed and add the salt, egg yolks and zest.
- Beat briefly, then gently fold in the flour. The dough will be very sticky.
- Place the dough on to a floured surface and pat into a wide, flat disc.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 3mm and cut out your biscuits into desired shape, I cut mine into fingers. Use a palette knife to transfer to a nonstick baking sheet or one lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for seven to 10 minutes, until just golden around the edges but pale on top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle generously with caster sugar if desired. Leave on the baking sheet to firm up, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.